SMOOTHIES AND JUICES.
They allow you to increase your fruits and vegetables intake daily. They are also valuable both as a transition diet for people with very poor digestive system, and as a general nutritional support for just about anyone consuming the greens at least once a day. The nutrient power in fruits and vegetables is enormous, but it is sometimes difficult, for some of us, to get our daily portion. So, one of the easy way is to blend and juice.
BLENDING: Smoothies may be considered as a proper meal because of its fibers. The nutrients in dark leafy greens are stored inside the cells of the plant (cellulose), these cells are made of tough materials, as means of survival for the plant. To release all the valuable nutrients, the cell wall needs to be ruptured, so blending helps.
- Chewing, chewing and chewing again!
JUICING: is an effective, easy and delicious way, to get all the goods nutrients that our bodies need to have an optimal energy. Juices promote efficient elimination of toxins, help rejuvenate the body, improve energy….
Both green juices and smoothies, increase the level of chlorophyll in our daily diet. Chlorophyll is identical to haemoglobin except that the center element in chlorophyll is magnesium; whereas the center element in blood is iron. It is a key molecule for increasing oxygen accessibility in our system. It helps detoxify the blood of drugs deposits, it also stops bacterial growths in the digestive tract;
Antioxydant: 1/2 cup of soaked goji berry, 1 cup of blueberry, 1 cup of strawberry, 1 Tbsp of raw cacao. 1 cup of nut/seed milk or purified water. Cacao Loco: 1 banana, 1 Tbsp of ground gold flax seeds, 1 tsp of honey, 2 Tbsp of raw cacao, 1 cup of nut/ seed milk or purified water. Passion : 3 passions fruits, 1 cup of ripe pear, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 vanilla pod (scraped). Peanut: 1 banana, 2 Tbsp of raw peanut butter, 1 cup of nut/seed milk. Variation: add 2 Tbsp of raw cacao. My girls’ favourite: 1 banana, 1 cup of strawberries, 2 Tbsp of raw almond butter, 1 cup of nut/seed milk. Tropical: 1 mango, 1 medium size pineapple, 1 cup of purified water or nut/seed milk.
It is easier to start with 60% of ripe fruits and 40 % dark leafy greens, then switch. Green basic: 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 1 bunch of fresh spinach, 1 cup of purified water or nut/seed milk. Mango delight: 1 ripe mango, 1/2 lime (peeled and pips removed), 1/2 ripe advocado, 1 bunch of cilantro, 1 cup or more of purified water. Pear-Rocket : 1 to 2 ripe pears, 1 bunch of rocket, 1 cup of purified water or nut/seed milk. Iron Man: 1 ripe pear, 1/2 to 1 pineapple, & bunch of fresh parsley, & bunch of fresh dandelion, 1 cup of purified water or nut/seed milk.
After a detox cleanse, during which it is better to only use fruits and vegetables, you can start adding superfoods to your smoothies. Superfoods can be defined as living, raw plant foods which have a dozen or more remarkable properties (trace minerals, vitamins…). Here are some of them:
- Goji Berry: from the Tibetan plateau, it is a complete source of protein, immune- stimulating, antioxidant , beta carotene, 22 molecules of polysaccharides ( regulate the immune system), over 22 trace minerals, vitamins C, B 1, 2, 3, 8, E. Omega 3 & 6…
- Bee pollen: it is an energyzing, boosts immune system, allergies relief, weight loss, slow down aging process… Packed with vitamins (B2,3,5,6,7,8,9,12-A,C,D,E), 11 trace minerals….
- Spirulina: Blue green algae, cultivated in lakes and ponds. Its use can be traced back to the Aztecs, from lake Texcoco, they called it “techuitlatl”. It is a complete protein containing all essential amino acids (very digestible). At 68 %, it is also one of the highest sources of protein, as well as chlorophyll. Anti aging, rich in iron…
- Açaï: Amazonian berry, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and tonic, rich in protein, trace minerals (iron), vitamin B1, omega 3&6, low glycemic index.
- Maca: Peruvian Andes, it is a plant related to radish that grows at altitudes up to 4300 meters, in the intense sun, wind and cold of the Peruvian plateau. It has been used for thousand of years as a food source. According to Peruvian traditional medicine, it is used to: balance hormones, sexual vigor, boosts immune system, depression, constipation…
- Mesquite: It is a leguminous plant found in northern mexico up to southwestern United states. It is an extremely hardy drought plant, because it can draw water from the water table through its long taproot (recorded at up to 58 meters). Mesquite floor can be a substitute for gluten free recipes such as cookies, cakes… It is a good source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc. Rich in protein and low glycemic index.
- Green magma: wheatgrass powder helps to restore alkalinity of the body, detoxify, boosts immune system…
Mamita’s : Vitamins 2 oranges, 1 granny smith apples, 2 carrots, 1/2 juice of lemon Pink Lady: Antioxydant 1 small beetroot, 1 carrot, 1 pomegranate, 1 orange All green: Elimination- weight loss 1 cucumber, 2 granny smith apples, 2 celery sticks with leaves, 1/2 lime, 1cm of fresh ginger. Zesty Minty: Weight loss- Circulation 1 bunch of grapes, 1 to 2 celery sticks, 1 bunch of fresh mint, 1/2 lime. Orange: Immunity 2 oranges, 2 carrots, 1 mango, 1/2 tsp of tumeric Pina colada: Digestion-Isotonic 1/2 to 1 pineapple, 1 cup of coconut water, 1/2 lime Fresh: Elimination- circulation 1 cucumber, 1 orange, 1 bunch of grape, 1/2 lime, 1cm of fresh ginger. New Year’s day: vitamins-antioxydant-elimination 1 orange, 1 pomegranate, 1 cucumber, 1 celery stick, 1/2 lime, fresh ginger. Morning glory: NRJ packed 1 pineapple, 1 cucumber, 1 apple, 1 carrot, 1 mandarine, 1 celery stick, 1 bunch of parsley, 1/2 lime, ginger. Be creative! Use your imagination and design your own……