Even if I am now a Raw chef, I still love to buy cooking magazine, this is where I found my inspiration, my ideas to turn cooked foods into delicious raw version.
So here we are, I found this recipe in a French magazine called “Papilles” which means tastebuds, it was filed under vegetarian ( I like to see mentions of vegetarian recipes in mainstream magazines nowadays…), the original version required parmesan cheese and griled pinenuts which I substituted by raw pinenuts and alfalfa sprouts.
And of course, I only use organic products
Here is my Raw, organic version:
For 2 people
- 1 Bunch of mesclun, or even better roquette (Rocket or arugula, depending on where you are on our beautiful planet)
- 1/4 of a small red cabbage
- 30 g of pinenuts (can be subsitute by pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds)
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 t of dijon mustard or raw homemade mustard, but I was running out today!
- Ground sprouted hemp seeds, it is a product I LOVE, called Orgasmic Buddha, you have to check out their website to discover the range and their philosophy ♥
The directions are pretty simply, wash your salad, shredd the cabbage, plate it nicely then add the remaining ingredients!
I use a personal blender , it gives a very creamy dressing…
On a nutritional point of view:
Red cabbage is rich in antyoxydants, vitamin K, iron, a good source of fiber… For the complete analysis visit this page
Pinenut is a source of protein and fiber, source of vitamines K and E and omega 3, rich in Manganese and omega 6.
Alfalfa sprouted is a good source of protein, Vitamin A, Niacin and Calcium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.
PEACE and GREENS